acatech – the National Academy of Science and Engineering, funded by the Federal Government and the Laender, is the voice of the technological sciences in Germany and abroad. We provide independent, evidence-based advice to decision-makers and the public on issues related to strategic technology and innovation policy. In addition, we implement projects bridging science, policy and practice to solve challenges in various fields such as digitalisation, artificial intelligence, energy and resources, circular economy, mobility, biotechnology and healthcare.
acatech is looking for a
Scientific Project Officer (m/f/d)
(Reference number 64/2022)
in the fields of mobility and transport, ideally with experience in digitalisation and data sharing, for the successful implementation of an EU-funded project preparing for the establishment of a common European Data Space for Mobility.
The selected candidate will start as soon as possible on a full-time basis based at one of our offices in Munich, Berlin or Brussels, with a possibility to work remotely. The position is initially limited to a period of one year with the possibility of renewal.
- Provide strategic advice and work in tandem with the Project Leader to ensure successful implementation of the project
- Liaise with the European Commission, project partners and the Project’s Advisory Board on a regular basis to ensure progress with deliverables
- Work together with the project partners preparing deliverables and progress reports
- Organise and moderate project meetings and workshops using innovative virtual collaboration tools
- Undertake background research, prepare and deliver own presentations in the project context
- Contribute to the development of further European and international projects in the mobility field.
- A degree in a related field (e.g., urban/transport planning, engineering, IT, economics, business, political sciences, geography, or other)
- At least two years proven practical experience, ideally in mobility or digitalisation/data sharing
- Experience in working in international or EU-funded projects
- Ability to work independently and to proactively contribute to project outputs
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Working knowledge of German and knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
What we offer
- Access to a broad network of high-level stakeholders from policy, academia and industry
- International, open-minded colleagues with a hands-on mentality
- Flat hierarchies, flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely
- Opportunities to develop your career in a growing organisation
- Competitive salary in accordance with qualifications and experience either corresponding to the German public sector pay scale up to EG 14 TVÖD in case of a German contract, or comparable salary in case of a Belgian contract.
We welcome applications from highly motivated individuals irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.
Please send us your application (CV, motivation letter and supporting documents) with the reference number 64/2022 by October 20, 2022, as a pdf document (max. 2 MB) to email@example.com. For questions regarding the position, please contact Lucie Kirstein (firstname.lastname@example.org).